So that quest in search of the perfect Valentine’s Day treat I told you about?
Well, safe to say, I’m torn.
Countless super-duper-yummy-scrumptious-must-make-now options. Seriously, you guys. It’s a problem.
I thought I’d chronicle some of the recipes I’m looking at. That way, I’ll easily be able to come back to this post at later dates in order to try more of the recipes. I’m also thinking that perhaps I may just find a treat you can’t resist baking either. Just maybe. Wouldn’t that be a great bonus? [And remember...baking is the best therapy. The best!]
In no particular order…
- Strawberry Lemonade Bars. Straight up lemon bars are downright amazing. So strawberry lemonade bars?! Must be exquisite! These would probably be especially good in the summer with freshly picked strawberries!
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies. It’s no secret; I love both red velvet and cheesecake in their various forms. And brownies aren’t half bad either, are they?! Wouldn’t these be cute if after baking you used a heart-shaped cookie cutter to make them a perfect fit for Valentine’s Day?
- Brown Butter Cake with Cookie Dough Frosting. Cookie Dough Frosting?! Sign me up! I’ll admit this cake doesn’t especially scream “Valentine’s Day!” – which is kind of what I was hoping for, but it just sounds deeelicious! [So glad I discovered that blog too with this quest of mine! Other recipes I'd love to try? Candied Lemon Cake, Coconut Cream Birthday Cake [who says you need a birthday to make it!], Chocolate Chip Hazelnut Cookies. And that’s just the beginning!]
- Tangent: I also discovered this blog. Although I don’t think any of the recipes are the right fit for what I have in mind this time around, I’m definitely eager to try out some of the recipes: Citrus Banana Smoothie, Pumpkin Black & White Cookies, Vanilla Mango Cupcakes with Cinnamon Swirl & Cream Cheese Frosting, Butternut Squash Soup with Hazelnuts and Parsley Pesto, Poppy Seed Focaccia with Lemon and Goat Cheese, Banana Coconut Streusel Muffins, Strawberry Peach Banana Smoothie, Gingered Ren Lentil Dal & Garlicky Naan, Goat Cheese Hazelnut Drop Biscuits, Ginger Plum Applesauce. Whew. Told you it was a good find of blog!
- Now, I don’t like raised doughnuts [the only doughnuts I like are the cake [and occasional raised, I'll admit] doughnuts from Doughnut Plant in NYC], but if I did, I’d bake these up in a flash…Pink Raised Doughnuts with Toasted Coconut. I bet my mom would adore these.
- Apricot and Lavender Tart. Mmmm! Again, not the most Valentine’s Day themed dessert, but it sure sounds intriguing!
- Dark Chocolate Brownies with Raspberry Goat Cheese Swirl. Goat cheese. Enough said. [In my book, goat cheese=to dieeee for!]
- Amanda, who gave me the recipe for these bars this past summer, suggested this snickerdoodle cake with this cream cheese frosting. I can’t even imagine how tasty it must be…I mean, snickerdoodle in cake form, with cream cheese frosting?! [See her comments on this post to see how she altered the recipe!]
- I’ve also been toying with the idea in my head of making chocolate chip cookies, but instead of the normal chocolate chips, chopping up some of that Lindt Dark Chocolate Chili and using it. I’ve never tasted it, but I’ve heard it’s amazing. I love chili and chocolate too, so it’s a tempting idea to try.
Seriously, you guys…what to do?????
[And knowing me, who says I'm done looking?! :)]